JUDAS PRIEST Guitarist GLENN TIPTON Diagnosed With Parkinson

This forum dedicated to METAL, whether it be black, thrash, death etc...

Moderators: slayerfreak069, slatanic, vavoom, Embryoyo, citizen.

JUDAS PRIEST Guitarist GLENN TIPTON Diagnosed With Parkinson

Postby EndUpDead on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 am

JUDAS PRIEST Guitarist GLENN TIPTON Diagnosed With Parkinson's Disease
Ten years ago, JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Glenn Tipton was diagnosed with the onset of the early stages of Parkinson's disease. From then until recently, the 70-year-old musician has lived his life as the great heavy metal guitar player he has always been, maintaining by his own definition a standard of quality and performance that is incredibly important.

Right now, Glenn is able to play and perform some of the PRIEST songs that are less challenging but due to the nature of Parkinson's progression, he wants to let the fans know that he won't be be touring with the band.

True to the metal spirit of "the show must go on," Glenn has requested PRIEST producer and HELL guitarist Andy Sneap to fly the flag on stage for him.

Glenn said: "I want everyone to know that it's vital that the JUDAS PRIEST tour go ahead and that I am not leaving the band — it's simply that my role has changed. I don't rule out the chance to go on stage as and when I feel able to blast out some PRIEST! So at some point in the not-too-distant future, I'm really looking forward to seeing all of our wonderful metal maniacs once again."

Tipton's PRIEST bandmates had this to say: "We have been privileged to witness Glenn's determination and steadfast commitment over the years, showing his passion and self belief through the writing, recording and performing sessions with PRIEST. He is a true metal hero!

"We are not surprised by Glenn's insistence that we complete the 'Firepower' tour and thank Andy for joining us to make Glenn's wishes become real.

"As Glenn has said, we also can't wait to have him with us at any time any place on the road. We love you, Glenn!"

Parkinson's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder, which leads to progressive deterioration of motor function due to loss of dopamine-producing brain cells. As the symptoms worsen, it gets harder to cope with everyday tasks and lead an independent life.

Parkinson's disease affects one in 100 people over age 60. While the average age at onset is 60, people have been diagnosed as young as 18.

The exact cause of Parkinson's disease is unknown, although research points to a combination of genetic and environmental factors.

Pat Torpey, the longtime drummer for rock group MR. BIG, died last week due to complications from Parkinson's disease.

JUDAS PRIEST's new album, "Firepower", will be released on March 9 via Epic. The disc was recorded by Sneap, the band's longtime collaborator Tom Allom and engineer Mike Exeter (BLACK SABBATH). The cover artwork for "Firepower" was created by the Chilean/Italian digital artist and photographer Claudio Bergamin.

The North American leg of the "Firepower" tour will kick off on March 13 in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania and will wrap on May 1 in San Antonio, Texas. Support on the trek will come from SAXON and BLACK STAR RIDERS.

Photo credit: Mark Weiss
Attachments
glenntiptonfeb2018_638.jpg
glenntiptonfeb2018_638.jpg (53.09 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
EndUpDead

EndUpDead
Eternal Soul

Re: JUDAS PRIEST Guitarist GLENN TIPTON Diagnosed With Parki

Postby tom on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:58 am

devastating news..Im suppossed to see them next month..without him its just another god damn cover band after Slayer, AcDc and others
tom
Spiller of Blood

Postby vavoom on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:34 pm

That sucks... the couple of new songs I heard reminds me the classic Painkiller album... would be a shame if this hinders him from touring... fingers & toes crossed...
Embryoyo wrote:
ministry_freak wrote::lol:

why dont people like us? :(

we're a bunch of retards that can't maintain one single serious thread without bullshittin or insults
you fag

Woutjinho wrote:The new Rectal Smegma is good :nod:
vavoom
Not of this God

Location: I could smash those faces with my worthless tales of yesteryear…

Postby Hellrazor on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:48 am

No KK now no Glenn. Glad I didn't get tix for the new tour. I've seen them plenty of times since 83 and just can't fathom seeing them with 2 other guitarist. New tunes do sound killer tho, I'll buy the new album
Hellrazor
Aggressive Perfector

Postby vavoom on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:57 am

Embryoyo wrote:
ministry_freak wrote::lol:

why dont people like us? :(

we're a bunch of retards that can't maintain one single serious thread without bullshittin or insults
you fag

Woutjinho wrote:The new Rectal Smegma is good :nod:
vavoom
Not of this God

Location: I could smash those faces with my worthless tales of yesteryear…

Postby ivan icheeanis on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:55 pm

it's really closer to being a FIGHT line up now than judas priest, ian hill is the only difference
if you download SLAYER albums your a traitor to the brotherhood

ファッキング殺人者
ivan icheeanis
Criminally Insane

Postby Slayer213 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:44 pm

Sad news indeed, have tickets for their show at the Corona Hell and Heaven on May. My first time watching Judas, or the half of the band :(

Woutjinho wrote:First of all, that's german.
Let's see if I can understand those with my bad german from festivals and dating german girls.

edit: didn't understand any of these.
Slayer213
Human Strain

Postby tom on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:09 am

and the idiots should have asked Downing to replace him since he is willing to apparently..inspite of all financial bullshit because this is an unusual situation I am trying to sell my ticket because it looks like a cover band to me now
tom
Spiller of Blood

Postby Slayer213 on Sun May 13, 2018 2:24 pm

This was the song list they played May 5 on the Corona Hell and Heaven Fest, Sneap and Faulkner played pretty well. Rob sang like it was the 70s, powerfull voice he still have.
Firepower
Grinder
Sinner
The Ripper
Lightning Strike
Bloodstone
Freewheel Burning
Saints in Hell
Evil Never Dies
Tyrant
Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
Breaking the Law
Hell Bent for Leather
Painkiller
The Hellion
Electric Eye
Metal Gods
You've Got Another Thing Comin'
Living After Midnight

One of the best shows I ever seen live :metal

Let's see if I can understand those with my bad german from festivals and dating german girls.

Slayer213
Human Strain

Postby tom on Mon May 14, 2018 9:41 am

they are still metal gods indeed
tom
Spiller of Blood

Postby Slayer213 on Mon May 14, 2018 7:40 pm

tom wrote:they are still metal gods indeed

Damn right!

Slayer213
Human Strain

Postby haiduk on Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:34 pm

Damn, first I've heard about this. That's unfortunate. But at that age something's gonna give. Tipton = legend.

Judas Priest - Metal Meltdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOzulXud52I
haiduk
haiduk
Unsuspecting Victim

Return to Die by the Sword