AC/DC Is Over Angus Young Just Accept It

This forum dedicated to METAL, whether it be black, thrash, death etc...

Moderators: slayerfreak069, slatanic, vavoom, Embryoyo, citizen.

AC/DC Is Over Angus Young Just Accept It

Postby EndUpDead on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:26 pm

http://www.noise11.com

Angus Young has got to be kidding. After replacing his co-founder and brother Malcolm Young, after replacing the timekeeper Phil Rudd and now having to accept the resignation of singer Brian Johnson, AC/DC wants to continue with another singer? How greedy can one man be?

Yesterday Johnson announced that he had to immediately quit the band or risk losing his hearing permanently. AC/DC, midway through an American tour did not cancel the tour. Instead it was announced that the tour will be postponed until later this year when it will resume with a guest vocalist.

The concept is preposterous.

I guess in Young’s head he did the impossible once when he replaced Bon Scott with Brian Johnson. Chris Slade replaced Phil Rudd who was then replaced by Chris Slade … so tick that off as a success. It got very wobbly when Malcolm Young, the driving force of AC/DC was replaced by his nephew Stevie, but Stevie imitated his uncle note for note, they have the same hairstyle and in a big arena they do get away with it.

But replacing Brian Johnson? With who? And more to the point why? Doesn’t Angus Young know when to quit?

It has been interesting to watch the names roll out these past 24 hours in what has become a rock and roll guessing game. The names Steven Tyler, Sammy Hagar and go-to replacement Myles Kennedy have been tossed around.

If they did, the best choice would be Australia’s John Swan, who was considered at one stage as a replacement for Bon. He would be perfect. Other than that, Angus Young is dreaming.

Face facts Angus … AC/DC is over.

and more

Goodbye AC/DC

It Was A Great Run
This is a touchy subject for me. I like to think that I am one of the biggest AC/DC fans ever. Ever since my dad first played me Back In Black when I was like 10 years old, there was no turning back. You have the foundation of the band consisting of Malcolm Young, Cliff Williams, and Phil Rudd. You have the distinctively razor sharp vocal style of Brian Johnson (not to mention his predecessor the late great Bon Scott), and most importantly, you have the brains behind the whole operation and arguably the most symbolic member of AC/DC, lead guitarist Angus Young. This band has been consistently packing out stadiums and writing, recording, and performing some of our generation’s greatest rock anthems. I’d list them all, but there are too many to name. To put it very VERY simply, AC/DC is a band that has truly achieved legendary status.

Now then, as of late, the band AC/DC has been dealt an unfortunate hand. To start with, Malcolm Young has tragically passed away as a result of Alzheimer’s disease, Phil Rudd got into some major legal trouble, Brian Johnson developed a hearing problem that sidelined him, and now, Cliff Williams has announced his retirement leaving only Angus Young. You’re probably still perplexed by the headline that you saw. Well, I’m afraid it will most likely be true.

Just for the sake of contrast, let’s assume that all members of AC/DC are still together and still touring. And this isn’t to say that singer Brian Johnson isn’t still awesome, but his vocal style is admittedly a very strenuous style of singing. He only sings unfathomably high notes and he has to scream to reach them. And then there’s the prospect of touring. Touring, especially in terms of national or even international, can be a very strenuous thing to embark on especially when you’re as old as these guys are. Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi often says that the physical hardships of touring are simply some of the most difficult things he’s ever had to do in his entire career. Now look, I get it. The boys in AC/DC make a LOT of money per tour, but still, this legendary band would be wise not to do anything detrimental to their health, let alone tour.

But going back to the obvious – the obvious being all the sudden departures. Sure, a lot of people would agree that Angus Young IS in fact AC/DC. Then again, he’s now the only member left. Even if Angus Young managed to find four other guys that sounded exactly like the band, it simply just wouldn’t be the same. In AC/DC’s most recent tour Brian Johnson was sidelined and was replaced by Axl Rose, and as good of a job Axl Rose did, many fan rejected him simply because he isn’t Brian Johnson. So what am I trying to get at here? Even if AC/DC decided to continue on, it’s hard to even call them “AC/DC“. You’d just have to call them “Angus Young & the AC/DC Tribute Band“.

Again, I love AC/DC. They’re one of the (if not THE) greatest rock bands on the planet. Then again, we have to recognize reality, and the reality is, AC/DC just isn’t the same anymore…
Attachments
ac-728x409.jpg
ac-728x409.jpg (62.5 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
EndUpDead

EndUpDead
Eternal Soul

Re: AC/DC Is Over Angus Young Just Accept It

Postby vavoom on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 pm

It was either Highway to Hell or Dirty Deeds tape... it was right after I had bought Ted Nugent Double Live Gonzo... still making the rounds in the CD player... R.I.P. AC/DC
Embryoyo wrote:
ministry_freak wrote::lol:

why dont people like us? :(

we're a bunch of retards that can't maintain one single serious thread without bullshittin or insults
you fag

Woutjinho wrote:The new Rectal Smegma is good :nod:
vavoom
Not of this God

Location: I could smash those faces with my worthless tales of yesteryear…

Postby tom on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:39 am

money fucks everybody up..the only band that I admire in terms of handling their materialistic shit is Led Zeppelin. They hung it up immediately after their drummers death, thats what I call honour and spirit. Fuck the rest , including Slayer guys (unfortunately)
tom
Spiller of Blood

Postby chainsaws_vs_you on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:14 pm

tom wrote:money fucks everybody up..the only band that I admire in terms of handling their materialistic shit is Led Zeppelin. They hung it up immediately after their drummers death, thats what I call honour and spirit. Fuck the rest , including Slayer guys (unfortunately)

'but isnt Led Zepplin's agent calling football stadiums right now trying to negioate 2.5 mil payouts per show? now isnt that the rumor to squash.
chainsaws_vs_you
Surgeon of Demise

Postby Slayer213 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:48 pm

First AC/DC, now Slayer, the real good bands are fading away. :crybaby:

Woutjinho wrote:First of all, that's german.
Let's see if I can understand those with my bad german from festivals and dating german girls.

edit: didn't understand any of these.
Slayer213
Human Strain

Postby slayerreyals on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:08 pm

Could be a few things here! One of course is money and the other is that's all he loves to do and just feels he has more to give to new fans especially imo! Ya, sometimes they go on too long, i agree! But without johnson it is tough because only bon and brian are truly ac/dc! Anyway, as long as they don't get cher, lady gaga or madonna to sing, then it should come out okay i guess lol! :retard: :lol:
slayerreyals

Return to Die by the Sword