George Young, AC/DC producer and songwriter dies at 70

This forum dedicated to METAL, whether it be black, thrash, death etc...

Moderators: slayerfreak069, slatanic, vavoom, Embryoyo, citizen.

George Young, AC/DC producer and songwriter dies at 70

Postby Slayer213 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:51 pm

Sad news for the Young family :(

George Young, pioneering songwriter and member of the Easybeats, dies at 70

George Young, the pioneering Australian songwriter and producer of AC/DC, has died at the age of 70.

Young, the brother of AC/DC’s Angus and Malcolm Young, was a member of the Easybeats and co-wrote its classic hit Friday on My Mind.

With his fellow Easybeats member Harry Vanda he became one of Australian pop’s best-known songwriters, creating Yesterday’s Hero and Love Is in the Air for John Paul Young, Evie for Stevie Wright and Hey, St Peter, which he and Vanda recorded as Flash and the Pan, among many others.
Tributes paid to Stevie Wright of the Easybeats: 'your hard road has ended'
Read more

The music publishing and recording house Alberts, which had both the Easybeats and AC/DC in its stable, reported Young’s death.

“It is with great sadness that Alberts acknowledge the passing of George Young,” it said. “A consummate songwriter, trailblazing producer, artist, mentor and extraordinary musician, George was above all else a gentleman who was unfailingly modest, charming, intelligent and loyal; a man with a wonderful sense of humour.

“George was a pioneer who, with close friends Harry Vanda and Ted Albert, created a new sound for the Australian music industry.”

It concluded with a message from Harry Vanda, saying: “Rest in Peace my dear friend.”

Jimmy Barnes said on Twitter Young was “a great songwriter, producer and a great human being”.

Young was born in Scotland in 1946 and migrated to Australia with his family as a teenager. The Easybeats formed after Young met the Dutch-born Vanda at the Villawood migrant hostel in Sydney, where both families stayed after arriving in Australia.

After the band broke up in 1969 Vanda and Young embarked on a songwriting career that produced dozens of hits. The pair were inducted into the inaugural Aria hall of fame in 1988, and the Easybeats followed in 2005.


https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... dies-at-70
Image

Woutjinho wrote:First of all, that's german.
Let's see if I can understand those with my bad german from festivals and dating german girls.

edit: didn't understand any of these.
User avatar
Slayer213
Human Strain
 
Posts: 21329
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:26 pm
Location: México

Re: George Young, AC/DC producer and songwriter dies at 70

Postby tom on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:44 pm

feel very sorry for Angus since his brother Malcom is in a very bad shape too..what a tragic end to my favorite rocknroll band !! RIP George
tom
Spiller of Blood
 
Posts: 2223
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:37 pm

Re: George Young, AC/DC producer and songwriter dies at 70

Postby vavoom on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:15 pm

Getting Old Sucks... R.I.P.
Embryoyo wrote:
ministry_freak wrote::lol:

why dont people like us? :(


we're a bunch of retards that can't maintain one single serious thread without bullshittin or insults
you fag

Woutjinho wrote:The new Rectal Smegma is good :nod:
User avatar
vavoom
Not of this God
 
Posts: 37085
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:07 pm
Location: I could smash those faces with my worthless tales of yesteryear…

Re: George Young, AC/DC producer and songwriter dies at 70

Postby Slayer213 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:06 pm

tom wrote:feel very sorry for Angus since his brother Malcom is in a very bad shape too..what a tragic end to my favorite rocknroll band !! RIP George

Indeed, the greatest rock band ever is coming to an ending in very a sad way. :cry:
Image

Woutjinho wrote:First of all, that's german.
Let's see if I can understand those with my bad german from festivals and dating german girls.

edit: didn't understand any of these.
User avatar
Slayer213
Human Strain
 
Posts: 21329
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:26 pm
Location: México

Re: George Young, AC/DC producer and songwriter dies at 70

Postby tom on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:04 pm

And so it happened..RIP Malcolm Young
tom
Spiller of Blood
 
Posts: 2223
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:37 pm

Re: George Young, AC/DC producer and songwriter dies at 70

Postby vavoom on Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:59 pm

tom wrote:And so it happened..RIP Malcolm Young




Dropping like flies......
Embryoyo wrote:
ministry_freak wrote::lol:

why dont people like us? :(


we're a bunch of retards that can't maintain one single serious thread without bullshittin or insults
you fag

Woutjinho wrote:The new Rectal Smegma is good :nod:
User avatar
vavoom
Not of this God
 
Posts: 37085
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:07 pm
Location: I could smash those faces with my worthless tales of yesteryear…

Re: George Young, AC/DC producer and songwriter dies at 70

Postby Slayer213 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:08 pm

:crybaby:
Image

Woutjinho wrote:First of all, that's german.
Let's see if I can understand those with my bad german from festivals and dating german girls.

edit: didn't understand any of these.
User avatar
Slayer213
Human Strain
 
Posts: 21329
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:26 pm
Location: México


Return to Die by the Sword

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron