Is Slayer breaking up?!

Talk only about the mighty Slayer here!

Moderators: slayerfreak069, slatanic, vavoom

Is Slayer breaking up?!

Postby Slayer213 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:08 pm

Caught this twit by Slayer official account about “The final american tour”, it’s a short video saying “The end is near”... the vídeo is also on Slayer.net site.

I haven’t seen an official communicate about this, but it seems Slayer’s reign is about to end. :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Woutjinho wrote:First of all, that's german.
Let's see if I can understand those with my bad german from festivals and dating german girls.

edit: didn't understand any of these.
Slayer213
Human Strain

Re: Is Slayer breaking up?!

Postby Hellrazor on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:31 pm

The video is from the official Slayer YouTube page so I believe it's legit. Plus I don't think Tom wants to tour anymore or deal with Kerry
Hellrazor
Aggressive Perfector

Postby ivan icheeanis on Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:35 pm

as long as dave plays at atleast the last show
if you download SLAYER albums your a traitor to the brotherhood

ファッキング殺人者
ivan icheeanis
Criminally Insane

Postby Kill Again on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:41 pm

Have rarely been on this hallowed portal in years but had to check this out!

Slayer are the reason why I love extreme metal and I'll be forever listening to their albums but the recent albums have been very stale and ever since Jeff died, there seemed to be something missing.

Maybe it is for the best and to leave the Great legacy behind. If this really is the last tour, I'm very interested on seeing what the set list will be.

Hope to fuck they properly mix it up, more stuff off of SoH, even shit off Divine Intervention!

"I WANT TO BE...A FASCIST PIG"
...SLAYER SAVES...
Kill Again
Criminally Insane

Postby chainsaws_vs_you on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:25 pm

Retirement SLUTS!!!!!!

In all seriousiness folks.... for just a minute...great job SLAYER FANS for getting Slayer to the point where they can call it quits like champion sluts....they do end on high note. and that is an awesome thing to see happen.
Tom can go off into the sunset happy painted sprinkles grandpa, Kerry can start his petshop that he always wanted, Paul...you were a rental, get a new job your too young. Gary, there is always exodus and guitar clinics for you as well. again too young. Dave L. you lost, you fucking failed auditor, eat shit, in the next life do a better job eh?
finally Jeff, you made the finish line first, you dont get the royalites but you do get haunt the chapel on saturdays.

that is my offical good bye.... but now lets bring on final tour!!!!!

GET REAAAADYYYY TOOOO RUUUUUMMMMMMBBBBBBLLLLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
:slayer01 :slayer01 :slayer01 :slayer01 :slayer01 :slayer01 :slayer01 :slayer01 :slayer01 :slayer01
chainsaws_vs_you
Surgeon of Demise

Postby slayerreyals on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:07 am

Looks official friends! If true, Slayer is going out on top of their game and they have left a monster legend and epic historical carrier! Slayer changed the game forever and brought brutal thrash metal to the world! Thanx guys for the memories! We still have your albums and will listen to them until we are live undead! :cool: :slayer01
slayerreyals

Postby cut-throat on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:49 pm

It should have been done right after Jeff's death, that way they would left at the top of their game, but i know many ppl would disagree....anyway, those 30+ years has been one hell of a ride with best metal band on this goddamn planet! :slayer01
on your mark, get set, terrible!
cut-throat
Gemini

Postby tom on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:58 pm

I agree with you..saw them many times without Jeff and felt cheated..it felt like driving BMW with some crappy mini size motor in it. I still will attend that concert to say farewell to my favorite band of all. They should invite Lombardo out of respect, too
tom
Spiller of Blood

Postby Required Fields on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:15 pm

I sure hope I can get to a show on the upcoming tour.
Required Fields
The Root of all Evil

Postby chainsaws_vs_you on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:44 pm

YOU FUCKING WHORES!!!!

THANK GOD YOU ARE BREAKING UP!!!!

I AM SICK OF THESE FUCKING EXPENSE ASS VIP TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!

FINAL TIME I HAVE TO ENDURE!!!!!

:slayer01 :slayer01 :slayer01 :slayer01 :slayer01 :slayer01 :slayer01 :slayer01
chainsaws_vs_you
Surgeon of Demise

Postby cut-throat on Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:47 am

tom wrote:I agree with you..saw them many times without Jeff and felt cheated..it felt like driving BMW with some crappy mini size motor in it. I still will attend that concert to say farewell to my favorite band of all. They should invite Lombardo out of respect, too

If Dave would come back i would definitely go see them this last time, but it's not gonna happen after all the shanenigans... and i think it would be realy disrespectful for Paul whom i still like and respect.
cut-throat
Gemini

Postby homicidal-maniac on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:23 pm

cut-throat wrote:It should have been done right after Jeff's death, that way they would left at the top of their game, but i know many ppl would disagree....anyway, those 30+ years has been one hell of a ride with best metal band on this goddamn planet! :slayer01

well said brother
Slayer is the speed-metal band that's never slowed down. Metallica? They enlisted a touchy-feely therapist to help the band finish its St. Anger album. Very unmetal. The once-mighty Anthrax is pretty much an afterthought.Image

When they're drinking beer, they're old enough to be woutjinhonized. :nod:

R.I.P Tim 8/10-2008 21:15

homicidal-maniac
Point

Postby homicidal-maniac on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:26 pm

tom wrote:I agree with you..saw them many times without Jeff and felt cheated..it felt like driving BMW with some crappy mini size motor in it. I still will attend that concert to say farewell to my favorite band of all. They should invite Lombardo out of respect, too

my sentiments exactly
Slayer is the speed-metal band that's never slowed down. Metallica? They enlisted a touchy-feely therapist to help the band finish its St. Anger album. Very unmetal. The once-mighty Anthrax is pretty much an afterthought.Image

When they're drinking beer, they're old enough to be woutjinhonized. :nod:

R.I.P Tim 8/10-2008 21:15

homicidal-maniac
Point

Postby goobs666 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:13 am

Like many here I have been listening to Slayer since the 80’s (1987, yes I know, I am just a whipper snapper). Unlike most, I presume, I have “slayer” tattooed on the side of my head. Again, probably like most of you I have listened to Slayer almost every single day for the past 30 years.

I am gutted that Slayer is disbanding. Of course, they are entitled to do what they think is right for them.

That being said, I am sad that there will not be one more cd given that Kerry has written some awesome songs on Repentless (take Repentless and You Against You as examples), and that as I recall, Gary said there were some awesome ones in the pipeline that were not included on that cd.

I would be over the moon if the remaining members would keep together. I would LOVE to hear music made by Kerry and Gary together (with Paul on drums of course. I am assuming, maybe incorrectly, that it is Sir Tom who is retiring). That could turn out to be friggin amazing (just a thought). The hardest thing would be to get a singer/bass player who sounds somewhat like Tom (an almost impossible task, but miracles can happen).

Thank you all for sooooooo much joy over the years.

Absolute legends
goobs666
Unsuspecting Victim

Postby ivan icheeanis on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:29 pm

goobs666 wrote:I would be over the moon if the remaining members would keep together. I would LOVE to hear music made by Kerry and Gary together (with Paul on drums of course. I am assuming, maybe incorrectly, that it is Sir Tom who is retiring).

yeah pretty sure it's just tom who's calling it a day, but Kerry is doing the right thing by not continuing as slayer
It wouldn't surprise me if the remaining three continued playing under a new name....maybe as KFK
slayer without tom would be a farce
if you download SLAYER albums your a traitor to the brotherhood

ファッキング殺人者
ivan icheeanis
Criminally Insane

Postby Woutjinho on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:48 am

Maybe I will go see them if they're in the neighbourhood but I don't know. We'll see.
R.I.P. Tim "Ministry Freak" Balado 8-10 2008
R.I.P. Jonathan "Citizen" Tripp 3-06 2012

Nuclear Twilight
Slamming Brutality
Atomization
Massive Retaliation

We durven te zijn wie we zijn!
Woutjinho
At Dawn I Sleep

Postby chainsaws_vs_you on Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:11 pm

HOLD THE PHONE!!!!!

This is the FIRST LEG!!!!!

They are scheduling from what i understand (rumors and lies) well into 2019.

Mr. Gary "i dont know nothing" Holt, can you confirm these shananghans? :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
chainsaws_vs_you
Surgeon of Demise

Postby tom on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:41 am

they'll do it Scorpions and Black Sabbath style..milk'em while it lasts
tom
Spiller of Blood

Postby cut-throat on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:38 pm

If it's realy gonna last for couple years than i hate the fact they are advertising it as "last tour ever".... i believe Kiss is still continuing their "farewell tour" since 2000 which is pathetic gimmick.
cut-throat
Gemini

Postby slatanic on Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:13 pm

I hope the farewell tour lasts into late 2019. Most likely there will be another North American leg along with them playing all over Europe, Australia, Asia, etc.

Gotta hit at least a couple shows, THE END IS NEAR!

:slayer01
Sacrifice the lives of all I know they
Soon shall die
Their souls are damned to rot in Hell
and keep the fire growing deep inside
Hell awaits...
slatanic
Site Admin

Next

Return to Face the Slayer